Thursday, October 22, 2009

Warning! Fried Ho Hos are Not Good for You!

I saw a letter to the editor of the Raleigh paper lambasting them for not following an article about Fair food with a talk about nutrition. The writer said there was an obesity epidemic and articles like this were reprehensible.

So, for all of you who think a fried Ho Ho might be good for you, it's not. You shouldn't even go to the fair. You should stay home and eat carrots. Raw. No ranch dressing. And for God's sake don't drink a regular soda! Are you insane?

I'm crazy like that. I figure adults can make their own food choices. Hey - if you can reproduce and vote, I think you can decide what to eat.

Speaking of deciding what to eat - I ate a pumpkin Krispy Kreme doughnut today. I've been wanting to try one for weeks!! It was good, but you know what? I didn't think it was pumpkiny enough. It was like a heavily glazed cake doughnut with a slight taste of pumpkin. Good, but not great. And for a whopping 300 calories, I want greatness.

However, these are really popular - they are selling out - so if you're curious, get thee to the doughnut shop!!

Note: the doughnut is not a health food, if you or someone in your family is participating in the obesity epidemic you should consult your Doctor or a health care professional before having a doughnut.

No comments: