Saturday, August 30, 2008

Of Bears and Fish

So many people (okay, two) asked about where to find the Chocolate Goldfish, that I must reveal my source - Target! I actually went there today to double check. While there, I decided to get some Chocolate Teddy Grahams to compare them. The Chocolate Goldfish are still on top! They are a bit sweeter AND you can have 50 Goldfish for 140 calories and only 24 Teddies for 130 calories. (And there's something about that Goldfish smile I just can't get enough of!) There are a whole bunch of games on the Teddy Grahams website, but the bear is no motivational speaker. Again, go with the Goldfish.



Not only does Target have the Chocolate Goldfish, they also have the Honey Goldfish (remember they are actually called Goldfish Grahams, but that ain't working for me). These are good too! Pepperidge Farms - you rock!!







While I was trolling Target for more new chocolate treats to review, I recalled that one of my seminar attendees was raving about a new chocolate Chex Mix. There are several - Chocolate Turtle, Chocolate Peanut Butter (I have GOT to find that!), and Dark Chocolate. There are also some 100 calorie packs - Chocolate Caramel (I found these). I also found some Chocolate Chunk Chex Mix bars.



I'm holding out hope for the regular Chex mixes - low cal Chocolate Caramel was good. Did it blow me away? No. I'd rather have Chocolate Goldfish. But if you like Chex Mix, I think you'll like this. The bars, however, are horrible. They have some kind of weird plasticy aftertaste. Yuck. There are some great cereal bars out there - Cheerios has an awesome one - but this one is very, very bad. Definitely goes in the "just because you can do it doesn't mean you should" category.



The best lesson of this blog for me has been the fun of having a new hobby. I give a training session on stress reduction and one of the things we discuss is how important is it for adults to have fun and to have a hobby or interest outside of work they enjoy. I love searching for new chocolate treats and writing about them! What activities do you have in your life that you think are fun? Do you make time to engage in them? Do you need to find some new ones? Sometimes the things that were fun get boring - we get used to them. Maybe you need something new to make you smile. Life is short - and how fun yours is is up to you! And that's not just Fishful Thinking! ; )

2 comments:

About Me said...

I DO need to find a new hobby!
Recently I was filling out a profile on reunion.com and it asked for my hobbies. I thought to myself, "Well, my hobby is my kid." Now that's just sad.
I need a few more outside interests to round out my personal sphere!
Thanks for the reminder ... time for me to "fish" for hobbies, pun intended.

KiddoKare1 said...

My favorite hobby is reading books, especially mysteries. I love Sue Grafton and Janet Evanovich. Janet Evanovich's books make me laugh out loud. I also love non-fiction motivational books or books about taking care of children. I have to be careful about starting a good fiction book because I have NO self-control and I will read it until it's done at the expense of everything else. LOL.