Wednesday, September 16, 2009

The Flavors of Fall

I love the fall - pumpkin, caramel, apples, spices - yay, yay, yay!!! This first caramel I had at Candy Expo and I've been addicted to them ever since:





If you like caramels, you have got to try these. I couldn't stop going by the Werther's booth to get them. They actually had some guy dressed up like a chef handing them out. When I tried to interrogate him about them, he was clueless. Turns out he was just an actor! What a gig THAT was! (I bet he's addicted to them too.)



The center is really creamy and chewy and the hard outer shell melts in your mouth. Try these - I guarantee you'll become as addicted as I am. Try them before you judge - I swear you'll be surprised.



You might also check out Werther's cool website - they have some awesome looking recipes on there:


http://www.werthers-original.us/#/A10000


Things like chewy caramel cookies, chewy caramel bars, caramel pear crumble, and caramel spiced bread. (And I don't see a blow torch mentioned in any of the recipes.)


Now these might be okay to put in the recipes, but just to eat - not so hot:




These remind me of the Sugar Daddy - which, honestly, I could live without. (And apparently the rest of the world can too.) There are so many better caramel options out there, that I can't recommend these. Get the first ones instead - really, I promise.


These are all new:





These are pretty good - the chocolate is smooth and creamy and the caramel is, well, fluffy. It's a caramel mousse. It's very sweet. Maybe too sweet. You'll have to try these for yourself, but the shiny gold wrappers are very attractive and you may find yourself unable to stop eating them.



These are different in that the caramel is creamy, very creamy. A little less sweet than the caramel mousse. But see above with the gold foil and the addictive quality. I can't be responsible for what happens to you.




These were my least favorite - too sweet. I really prefer them with the milk chocolate to help offset the sweetness of the caramel.



Try something to celebrate this time of year - even if candy isn't your thing - Bath and Body Works has some awesome new fall fragrances this year. And the fair is coming!! I am SO going this year - even if I have to go by myself. There are too may cool foods there I feel compelled to try. Celebrate life - it is way too short!!


More fall to come!!!! Yahoo!!!

No comments: