Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Fancy Food Show 2010 Continued

The first night I was in NY, my friend Ruth (she makes fabulous jams and wanted to go to the Fancy Food Show to learn about selling them on a larger scale) joined me and we went to Junior's for cheesecake.  Look at this beauty:

Oh yes, that's cheesecake with chocolate cake, amazing chocolate frosting and chocolate chips and chocolate shavings.  It was absolutely fresh, moist and delicious.  And HUGE!

We also hit Hershey's Time Square store (as I mentioned) and I found these:

Macadamia nut Kisses!  I love how the paper tag says Aloha!  These are wickedly addictive.  I haven't seen them anywhere else, but I highly recommend them.  I ate almost a whole bag one night in my hotel room.  It was the nuts - crunchy, delish.

Here we are at the show (see how big it all is?):

You weren't supposed to take any pictures, but my buddies at Walkers let me.  Look at this amazing booth:





Rich wood, thick carpet - and it was packed the whole show.  The gang was doing some SERIOUS business.  This is the booth right before the award celebration:


They gave the guests these great Walker's goodies:


I love the paragraph on the back of the gorgeous black tin - Walkers is still owned by the founding family.  And they do make some simply amazing shortbread:



And eight cookies were packed in there!


We'll be reviewing them in upcoming posts = sooooo good!!

Now, since one of my readers (thanks, Perry!) recommended these, I had to try some:



These cookies contains real bits of ginger:


Now, here's the deal - if you like ginger - these are amazing!  I think real ginger tastes weird, so I am not crazy about these.  My heart belongs to shortbread.

It was so fun to be part of the Walkers' celebration!  And to play in NYC!  More to come!!!

2 comments:

Kris, in New England said...

I think my head may have exploded slightly at the sheer unadulterated jealousy of the fact that you got to eat that chocolate/cheesecake monstrosity - oh man oh man oh man.

And those Kisses - I. Must. Have. Them. For as I am allergic to nuts, Macadamia's are not nuts, they are legumes, like peanuts.

Glory be.

Denise Ryan said...

Oh Kris, that cheesecake was amazing!! Talk about decadent - dear God! And you have got to get some of those Kisses - you will adore them!! Who knew???