Thursday, April 22, 2010

Frequent Chocolate Flyer Programs

As I've mentioned earlier, I am a sucker for coupons. And I am the dream shopper for the designers of frequent flyer programs for chocolate lovers.

But, I gotta tell you, Lindt's program is WAY better than Godiva's. For example, today I stopped by Godiva because after my big expenditure at Easter I got a free two piece box and my free chocolate (you get one a month).

Of course, their plan works well, because I usually buy something when I'm in there. This is my free stuff (gold box and heart marzipan) and the stuff I bought for $10:


A lot of their new spring flavors are fruit - mango and peach and pear, and I just didn't want to try them. I did get some new ones I'll review soon though. I was glad to hear that they thought the best Godiva egg was the almond butter - that's the one I liked so much. Always nice to have some back-up!


Then I went to Lindt and look at this haul!!! The entire back row - the giant bag of assorted Lindor truffles, the two bags of assorted Fiorettos (pralines with either a caramel, cappuccino or hazelnut nougat filling wrapped in crunchy crisp and Lindt milk chocolate), and one of the bars were free! Now THAT'S a rewards program! Get on this, chocolate lovers! Also Lindt gives you free samples just for going in - Godiva gives you one a month if you have their rewards card. I got all this for $37. I LOVE LINDT!!!


That's a bag full of those hazelnut filled ladybugs on the left and behind it is another bag with ten pieces of assorted chocolates. Who's my daddy? Lindt!!


Since we just reviewed every chocolate cherry thing under the sun - I thought I'd review their cherry bar:



This was good, but not as good as my fav, the Perugina chocolate covered cherry. I like it when there's some cherry in there, not just the liquid.

But damn, I love that chocolate!!!!!

And remember marzipan, which for the most part I didn't like? Well, this is marzipan as it should be done from Godiva:










The dark chocolate was thick enough to really enhance the flavor and this marzipan was good - has a rich almond flavor with no weird after taste. I gotta give Godiva credit for this one - completely delicious.

Oh - those little Lindt eggs in pistachio and amaretto and mandorla that I loved? All sold out very fast - they were a huge hit. So I'm doing pretty good at picking the winners! Of course, I'm sure I've picked a few dogs only I love. ; )

I can't tell you how much fun I have with the Lindt employees at Crabtree Valley Mall in Raleigh - they are so much fun every time I go in and are so excited about their products. Joy and enthusiasm and fun really are contagious - make sure you're a carrier! And sign up for these rewards programs - there's free chocolate waiting for you!


2 comments:

Kris, in New England said...

I'm afraid of those frequent buyer things when it comes to chocolate.

Cuz whatever I buy in that regard - I eat.

Denise Ryan said...

I should be afraid too!! Thank God I have seminars and gave give some away before I scarf it all down! : )