Thursday, December 17, 2009

The Many Moods of Oreo

Okay - I've gotten a few e-mails about the book - and I sold two!!!! I'm so excited!!! Thanks to my buddy Don Johnson for being so supportive!! And the first buyer!

Don't worry - this is not going to turn into the sales blog - but if you are interested, signed copies are available for $24 (that includes the shipping). If you have a friend who needs a fire lit under them, this might be the perfect gift! : ) Seriously it is a really cool book and the photos and layout are amazing. But enough of that! Let's talk chocolate!!

Tracy and I had so much fun in Walmart, we decided to go back for floor mats for her new car. So, of course, I had to see if there was anything chocolately I might have missed. And, of course, there was!

As you know I was sorely disappointed with those heinous Peppermint Oreos. Well, Oreo is about to make a Christmas Comeback!








They are just calling these Winter Oreos (the ultimate in political correctness), but they have four non offensive festive designs:







And check out the festive red filling:





This red looks and tastes like the quantity in double stuff Oreos - which is fine with me! In my book, it's the filling that really makes the Oreo. I think all Oreos should be double stuffed or perhaps triple stuffed. Maybe they could be called trillion stuffed Oreos in honor of the federal deficit. These are delish and completely restore my faith in Oreo as a viable holiday cookie choice. O Come All Ye Faithful!!

These, however, (which are new to me) are lame:








I mean, it's cool that they have the chocolate in there instead of the vanilla, but it's not enough. These are just plain boring. ZZZZZZZ Pass - not worth the calories.

Tracy found these crazy things:







This, my friends, is a bad idea. Who really wants those hard, dry cookie sticks? It's all about the filling! If Oreo doesn't control the portions for us, we'll all just scoop out all the icing. (Well, that's what I did anyway.) All this packaging, all this craziness, stupid cookie sticks, and then you have to lick out the rest of the filling anyway. I give this negative points for being way too much trouble. Not everything works well as a Handi-Snack. The Oreo already WAS a handy snack. This makes it a Pain-in-the-Ass Snack. Not joyful or triumphant.



All this was a heck of a lotta fun for those low, low Walmart prices. Try something new this holiday season and see what your friends and family think. Experiment - you might find something new you really love. Success this year is more about how much you're laughing than how much you're earning. I hope you are rich with laughter. (And if you're not laughing, give me a call and I'll take you to Walmart.)


3 comments:

Kris, in New England said...

Color me a purist - Oreos should be black with white filling - preferably double stuffed.

Then again, I don't eat them anymore. Eating healthy and losing weight sadly does not allow for Oreos on the menu.

jperonto said...

Those christmas oreos are making me drool! Something about the black and red is really appealing!

Denise Ryan said...

Kris - being a purist is perfectly okay with me! But jperonto I'm with you!! You'll have to try them!!