Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Livin' the Dream

Hi Gang! I am back from The Chocolate Show and the Peep Factory!! The Chocolate Show was amazing - I will totally fill you in, and I also went to M & M's World, Hershey's huge Times Square Store, Lindt's 5th Avenue store, and the amazing Just Born Factory. I have to give you a little teaser:



This is my good friend Karen and me. See our names on the electronic sign? It was in the lobby to greet us! Karen is doing some consulting for Just Born and got me in. The factory isn't open for tours, so this was pretty damn cool! I could only take pics in the lobby - but look how great this is:

This is a column with some of their candies inset:



Here's a Peep topiary:


I'll tell you all about the factory tour, but for now, just know that I got to live a dream - I saw them make the Peeps (so cool) and ate a warm Peep right off the line! Holy cow - it was awesome!! It was just as cool as Willie Wonka!! But the Just Born employees were a lot friendlier than those Oompa Loompas.


Stay tuned!!!!

5 comments:

About Me said...

Oh man, I don't have any Peeps in the house so I guess I will have to settle this craving you have created by dunking some marshmellows in hot chocolate.
Can't wait to read more!

Carl Weaver said...

I love Peeps but cry all year long because they are made with gelatin. WHY DO YOU DO THIS TO ME? Alas, this doesn't jibe with my vegetarianism. WHY? WHY?

Denise Ryan said...

Carl - are you really sure about this vegetarian thing? I mean you only live once. And gelatin goes into a lot of candy....Come to the dark side, Carl....

KiddoKare1 said...

Denise, reading about Peeps has reminded me to ask you, have you ever puffed one up in the microwave? It doesn't take very long, maybe 8 seconds, but it puffs up and then is all warm and melty. Yum!

Denise Ryan said...

I like that microwave idea - they are sooo good warm! YUM!!