Friday, May 15, 2009

Off to ChiTown

You know you are a slackard when your friends are writing to see if you are still alive. My sincere apologies. It is due to a way packed schedule, technical difficulties which have me contemplating killing something, and a love interest. What can I say?

Yes - things are still good on the dating front. I was taken out for a REALLY nice b-day dinner (yay!). This time last year I got nothing - oh, wait - I did get a call from Afghanistan. I should have known when he didn't even bother to send me an e-card. But things are looking up!! At some point I'll post a pic for you guys, but I'm just not ready to bring that up yet. I don't want him to think I'm insane. I try to hide that for as long as possible.

I'm leaving in the am for Chicago where I plan to take a chocolate tour on Saturday. I just got in (someone canceled - I was on a waiting list) to a special breakfast at Frank Lloyd Wright's Robie House - how cool is that? I love FLW and this should be really amazing. More FLW on Monday and at some point I want to do an architectural riverboat tour. Then Tuesday and Wednesday - CANDY EXPO!!! I cannot wait!

In the meantime (I still have to pack, so forgive me!!), I have to show you the bag of candy I won from the National Confectioner's Association. This was a damn fine prize, let me just tell you!

I mean - look at all that candy! It's truly beautiful, isn't it? The bag was PACKED and it was a great assortment - LOTS of chocolate - Green and Black's, Reese's, Ghirardelli, Lindor Truffles - this was fantastic!! The National Confectioner's Association ROCKS!!!

Closing thoughts:

Try for the prize - you can't win if you don't enter.

Work hard, but plan a random silly adventure for yourself. It keeps you interesting.

I do have to say I think anyone who reads this crazy blog must be interesting. I wish I could take all of you to ChiTown with me!!

Thanks for your patience and support and I will do my best to post from Chicago. In the meantime, seize the chocolate!

No comments: