Sunday, December 7, 2008

More Political Correctness

Since I'm on a political correctness roll, let's review some organic chocolate! (You all know how I feel about organic food - I'm not opposed to it by any means, but I'm okay with a chemical or two. Heck, the way I drink diet soda, my internal organs are probably already embalmed.)

You also know one of my favorite US chocolate companies is Lake Champlain Chocolates. They really make some great stuff and they are totally down-to-earth - no snobbiness here.

They also have some VERY cute things for Christmas - check out: http://www.lakechamplainchocolates.com/Chocolates.aspx

But back to the organic stuff. Unlike Dagoba (which I have ranted about before), the folks at LCC are not preaching about saving the universe. They don't also suggest that you buy an electric car are get new light bulbs. They are just offering organic chocolates as an option. I love that - options without preaching. Can I get an Amen?

So here they are:

This is the inside of the box which has a great picture and description of each of LCC's organic truffles. They are much smaller than their traditional truffles - which I actually prefer. The other ones are too big. They are sooo rich that the smaller size is easier to eat. (Never thought I'd prefer SMALLER chocolate!)


These are like LCC's other truffles in that they are amazingly smooth and creamy. They also have very subtle flavors. My favorites were vanilla (pure vanilla notes in concert with 70% dark chocolate) and the honey fig (wild honey and succulent figs join milk chocolate in aromatic delight). YUM!!! The mango was good, but I would really like more mango flavor - too subtle for me. I also tried the ginger lemon, even though I don't like ginger. Here the subtlety worked well - the lemon was very good with the ginger - a nice mix of flavors. The Aztec (cayenne and cinnamon warm dark chocolate with a touch of lime) was also very subtle. So many of these new spicy chocolates are too hot, so this was a nice change. But again, maybe a little too subtle.


If you want to try some of the crazy new flavor combos, this is a great way to do it. They are not overpowering at all and really let you taste the chocolate while providing hints of these more exotic flavors. You can take a walk on the wild side, impress all your friends with your gourmet taste, AND eat some really good chocolate. What's not to love? Ohmigod - AND be politically correct! BONUS!


I bet they have a Christmas tree at LCC.

No comments: